Ever since I got the shuffle I’ve been listening to a lot of podcasts. I monitor about 10 or so podcasts in iTunes for interesting episodes but there is a core group of casts that I always make a point to listen to. Here they are for your listening pleasure.
- Drunk and Retired – This was probably the first podcast I listened to and boy, what an introduction to this whole thing. Drunk and Retired covers a bunch of software development and technical topics, although the guys (Charles and Cote) have been known to get a little off topic (zombies, anyone?). Note to listeners, this one isn’t for the kiddies.
- Twit – Leo Laporte and gang talk about the latest tech news. Lots of good general technical info if you are into that sort of geeky stuff.
- Inside the Net – This one is also on the TWIT network and is hosted by Leo Laporte and Amber MacArthur. The content has more of a web bent to it and is less general news and more interviews with significant people in the industry. Amber is a maritimer too, so that’s cool.
- Plumbers@Work – This Calgary based podcast hosted by John Bristowe and his gang of .Net experts looks into current goings on in the software development industry. Although focused on .Net, the guys often talk about non .Net tech issues/news as well.
- Redmonk Radio – Another tech industry news podcast, hosted by Cote (of DrunkandRetired) and his colleagues at Redmonk, an industry analyst firm. Lots of good industry information but not stuffy and boring as one might expect.
- RubyonRails – Geoffrey Grossenbach interviews luminaries in the RubyOnRails community. Good insight into the cool stuff people are doing with Rails.